`pip install taichi` would only install version 0.7.10 and not the latest (0.7.32)

Hello!
I was aiming to try the latest version of taichi_elements, but the examples complain that AttributeError: 'Matrix' object has no attribute 'get_scalar_field'. I thought this could go away if I updated my version of taichi, which is currently 0.7.10 (python 3.7).

However, pip install taichi -U would only install v0.7.10, and pip install -Y taichi==0.7.32 would complain that the package does not exist.

I tried creating a fresh conda environment, but the problem was still the same: pip would only install v0.7.10.

How can I install the latest version? (Mac user)
Thank you!

Sorry, I could not reproduce your problem and I could install the new version taichi on my Mac.

Could you uninstall the old version taichi(0.7.10) and reinstall taichi==0.7.32 with

python3 -m pip install taichi=0.7.32

And did you ever compile and build taichi source code on your Mac?

1 个赞

@r03ert0 quick question: is your python3.7 64bit or 32bit? (note taichi only supports 64bit python)
If reinstalling doesn’t solve your problem, would you mind share a few commands how you set up from a fresh conda environment? Thanks!

1 个赞

Hi @r03ert0 we probably figured out the issue, is your macos version >= 10.15? Currently our pypi release only supports up to 0.7.10 for 10.14. We’re considering extending the pypi support for 10.14 but it might take some time.

2 个赞

That’s the problem. I’m using 10.14 :disappointed_relieved:
I may need to finally take the big leap and switch to 10.15…
thank you @ailing!

1 个赞

fyi we’ve added 10.14 whls in pypi :wink: (some metal functionalities might be limited tho :stuck_out_tongue:

2 个赞